I love this Chocolate Flake Cheesecake is THE BEST. Perfect to use up all the left over Easter Chocolate (if that’s a thing?) It’s a no bake dessert so it’s quick and easy to prepare. And delicious!
2 pks of chocolate ripple biscuits (or see note)
200 g butter
1 large lemon
500 g cream cheese
400 ml condensed milk
250 ml thickened cream 1 teaspoon of chocolate essence or vanilla essence
5 flake chocolate bars
1 Crush biscuits in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs
2. Melt butter, and mix into the crushed biscuits, press into spring form tin. Fill bottom first and around the edges of tin as well
3. Put into fridge to set while making filling
4. Beat the cream until forms soft peaks
5. In a separate bowl beat together cream cheese and condensed milk until it becomes thick and smooth
6. Juice lemon and stir through the mixture
7. Carefully fold through the cream and essence into the cream cheese
8. Carefully crumble 4 flake bars into the mixture and stir to even distribute
9. Pour over crust, sprinkle last flake on top and allow to set for 3-4 hours.
If you don’t have chocolate ripple biscuits on hand or like our family have allergies. This is a great substitute. 1 cup plain flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup coconut & 1/4 cup cocoa. Mix together and add 125 g melted butter. Prepare base as above. (This mix will only cover base not sides).
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. It’s an impressive dessert that is cost effective.