This is a great basic brownie recipe, but do not misunderstand there is nothing basic about the taste of this recipe! It’s just a great stand by recipe – easy to make and easy to mix up flavours. It’s a great recipe to have for all occasions easy for school lunches but fancy enough for a bring a plate. Even better there is no need to ice the brownie – it’s that good all by itself.
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups plain flour
250 grams melted butter
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- Pre-heat oven to 160 c
- In a large bowl or saucepan melt butter,
- Mix in sugar, flour, cocoa and bi carb soda.
- Add eggs and mix all ingredients.
- Pour into lined 20 x 20 cm tin. (I use a pyrex dish)
- Bake 50-60 mins at 160 c
- Dust with icing sugar! EAT quickly before someone else does!
In step 4 your imagination can run wild, you can add nuts, seeds, chunks of chocolate, a trickle of peanut butter! Honestly I have tried a lot of different flavours and with this basic recipe there is so many different options and they always taste great.
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family does.