This is my BUDGET $60 WEEKLY GROCERY SHOP and shopping list. This is the perfect shop for when you are totally skint and just need to make it until the next pay. I wouldn’t recommend this as a weekly shopping plan but it could be done monthly to get you through. I have included everything you need to be able to make the suggested meals, but I suggest you “shop your pantry” first to see if you can make any further savings or make these suggestions even tastier. If you already have some of these ingredients at home – perfect! I would suggest you buy some extra fruit or meat for lunches or some extra cereal with your extra money. All of these prices were from Coles Online in Queensland – so in store prices may be cheaper.
$60 BUDGET WEEK
- Tuna & Corn Pasta (Tin tuna, tin corn with 500 g pasta and white sauce)(White Sauce – milk, flour, margarine & cheese)
- Sausages & 500 g Vegetable
- Quiche with Ham and Tomato (Make own pastry, Quiche -4 eggs, milk, cheese ham and roma tomato)
- Mince Pasta (500 g pasta & mince & pasta sauce, grate cheese on top)
- Fried Rice with veg, egg & chicken (500 g rice, soy sauce, 300 g chicken breast, 2 fried eggs & 500 g frozen veg)
- Stir fry Chicken & Veg (600 g chicken, 500 g vegetable)
- Vegetable fritters (500 g vegetables, 2 eggs, flour and dash milk. Fried in margarine)
- Jam Sandwiches
- Cheese Sandwiches
- Carrot Sticks
As I said before this is not meant to be “eating plan” I understand that it carbohydrate heavy. But if you are feeding a family on a budget this is the kind of eating plan that would help you get through the TIGHTEST of weeks. I would also recommend looking at your butchers and Aldi to see if you can buy cheaper there. I would love to hear from you if you have tried my $60 weekly grocery shop and how it went with your family!
Good Luck! What are your go to budget meals?